At any moment in time worldwide, there are approximately 660,000 people flying. That’s 660,000 seats, all full of passengers travelling in a wide range of aircraft spanning: commercial airlines, business jets, private jets and helicopters. The type of seat a passenger sits on during a flight will depend upon the length of the flight, the type of aircraft, the date of the last refurbishment and the location of their seating.
Fundamental to the comfort of a flight, and often the perception of a brand, it’s easy to see why airlines and operators large and small are paying increased attention to their seating. Aircraft seats, due to industry advancements and the heavy footfall of an aircraft, can quickly become both dated and uncomfortable, damaging not only brand perception but also passenger comfort.
Seating is also fundamental in the luxury of a private aircraft. Private aircraft are specifically designed to provide increased levels of comfort whilst travelling, and luxurious, flexible seating options play a key part in this. Being able to sleep on a private jet, thanks to a seat which doubles as a flat bed, is a major benefit.
For the past eight years, RAS have supplied a wide range of seating into both commercial and private aircraft, seating which includes:
• Economy & Premium Economy Seating
• Business Class & Executive Seating
• First Class Seating
• Flat Bed Seating
• Bespoke & Custom Private Aircraft Seating
• Luxury Seating
RAS Engineers and technicians have experience in designing, manufacturing and fitting a wide range of aircraft seating, whether it’s fitting out a commercial aircraft with economy, premium economy and business seating, or designing and hand making luxury seating for a private jet. RAS are proud to have fitted seating which has increased both passenger comfort and the aesthetics of a cabin interior. Furthermore, RAS is proud to have fitted a range of Crew Seats and Pilot Seats into a range of commercial and private aircraft.
At RAS Interiors our interior planning and execution structure encompasses these key steps in a process that enables our team to understand our clients’ goals and meet these in the most understandable and smoothest way possible
Our process is as follows:
• Sitting down with our design, planning and sales team to get a perfect understanding of your galley vision and budget.
• With this vision in mind we set to develop an in-depth design drawing including 3D renderings all put together with our design department. Engineering/certifying the options incorporate, identify and integrate the most advanced technology solutions when applicable.
• Establishing a detailed task list and schedule and adhering to them.
• After the design process is finished and the renderings and all engineering drawings are completed it is time to begin the manufacturing process within our 28,000ft² facility. Having all design and engineering facilities located in a centralised location we are able to create a smooth transition from conception to a completed project.
• Our engineering teams then get to work using highly advanced technology along with supreme craftmanship to create spectacular galley units for our commercial and VIP clients.
• Following the manufacture of the required interior structures our quality control team works to ensure the completed products meet all EASA requirements as well as fits within the requirements laid out in the initial design stages.
• After all interior parts/components are completed/tested/inspected for quality they are ready for delivery to our clients anywhere in the world. We ensure our shipping methods deliver your products safely and securely to their final destination.
• These steps are aimed at delivering on time and on budget the style and quality that meet your requirements. Throughout, working in tandem with our suppliers and drawing on the diverse resources of RAS Interiors, our goal is to provide our customers the utmost in flexibility regarding the process on their aircraft.
OUR EXPERIENCE - YOUR ADVANTAGE
RAS is an established and respected aircraft interior, exterior, and completions company located at London Biggin Hill Airport, just 19 miles away from the city centre. With over 40 years of joint experience in the industry, we have established a reputation for professionalism and excellence.
Our company offers interior and exterior aircraft solution specialising in; repairing, painting refurbishing, as well as creating new interior and exterior paint schemes for both VIP and Commercial aircraft.
RAS creates successful and impressive products through our exacting attention to detail, an empathetic understanding of our clients’ ambitions, and a precise awareness of timescale and budget. We work with a large range of clients including both large global airlines and private aircraft owners. No matter the size of your project, RAS has the experience and expertise to satisfy your needs.
“FANTASTIC SERVICE AND EXPERTISE – RAS OUR TRUSTED PARTNERS FOR ALL OUR VIP REFURBISHMENTS. WITH FANTASTIC EXPERTISE HIGH EYE FOR DETAIL WE WOULD NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE”