CABIN STOWAGE MANUFACTURE AND FITTING
Fit for purpose aircraft stowage is essential in providing a comfortable and safe flight for your passengers and crew. After all, legroom is meant for legs, not luggage.
At RAS Interiors, aircraft stowage in commercial, corporate and private aircraft is something we have specialised in for the past eight years. Recognising the importance of stowage and storage, our teams are able to design, manufacture and install a wide range of custom storage solutions, helping ensure that your aircraft environment remains clutter free, efficient and most importantly, safe.
Stowage is a safety critical element of aircraft design for many reasons, unsecured luggage during periods of turbulence and aircraft instability presents a huge risk to the safety of those on board. On average, there are 12 reported incidents of baggage landing on cabin crew and passengers every single day during the process of boarding and exit of an aircraft alone. Reducing the number of stowage related injuries reduces risk whilst also taking steps to reduce preventable compensation claims and complaints.
Aircraft Overhead Storage
It’s important to understand that in the early days of aviation, aircraft were never designed to store significant amounts of luggage overhead. In the earliest days of commercial air travel, overhead areas only stored emergency equipment. However, as passenger demands increased, as did the demands on aircraft. Today there are three ‘off the shelf’ types of overhead stowage: Shelf Storage, Pivot Storage and Translating Bins.
At RAS, our design, manufacturing and installation teams can discuss with you your exact overhead stowage requirements before suggesting the best solution. So whether you need a custom system designing and developing for a corporate/private aircraft or simply an upgrade or refurbishment of stowage on a commercial aircraft, we can help.
Aircraft Doghouses are small stowages that are designed to fit behind a row of seats. Typically Doghouses are available in a number of standard sizes, but they can be designed and built to fit any type of aircraft. Available with either doors or drawers, they can also be fitted with quick change fasteners. Doghouses can be used to store flight critical equipment such as fire extinguishers, as well as passenger luggage.
At RAS, we have a wide range of Doghouses available for instant integration into your aircraft. Furthermore, we have successfully designed and manufactured our own range of Doghouses which can be custom made to suit any aircraft and any requirement.
Custom Stowage Solutions
The demands upon each aircraft are unique, so regardless of your stowage requirements and aircraft type, just get in touch and our design team will be able to design and manufacture the perfect stowage and storage options for you. The RAS teams are well versed in designing and fitting stowage in commercial, corporate and private aircraft and each project is kept in house from design, right through to installation.
If you have any questions about your current stowage set up,
or would like to discuss some options to further optimise your aircraft stowage, whilst improving aircraft aesthetics -
just get in touch and we will be happy to run through options with you.
At RAS Interiors our interior planning and execution structure encompasses these key steps in a process that enables our team to understand our clients’ goals and meet these in the most understandable and smoothest way possible
Our process is as follows:
• Sitting down with our design, planning and sales team to get a perfect understanding of your galley vision and budget.
• With this vision in mind we set to develop an in-depth design drawing including 3D renderings all put together with our design department. Engineering/certifying the options incorporate, identify and integrate the most advanced technology solutions when applicable.
• Establishing a detailed task list and schedule and adhering to them.
• After the design process is finished and the renderings and all engineering drawings are completed it is time to begin the manufacturing process within our 28,000ft² facility. Having all design and engineering facilities located in a centralised location we are able to create a smooth transition from conception to a completed project.
• Our engineering teams then get to work using highly advanced technology along with supreme craftmanship to create spectacular galley units for our commercial and VIP clients.
• Following the manufacture of the required stowage units our quality control team works to ensure the completed products meet all EASA requirements as well as fits within the requirements laid out in the initial design stages.
• After the stowage units are completed/tested/inspected for quality they are ready for delivery to our clients anywhere in the world. We ensure our shipping methods deliver your products safely and securely to their final destination.
• These steps are aimed at delivering on time and on budget the style and quality that meet your requirements. Throughout, working in tandem with our suppliers and drawing on the diverse resources of RAS Interiors, our goal is to provide our customers the utmost in flexibility regarding the process on their aircraft.
OUR EXPERIENCE - YOUR ADVANTAGE
RAS is an established and respected aircraft interior, exterior, and completions company located at London Biggin Hill Airport, just 19 miles away from the city centre. With over 40 years of joint experience in the industry, we have established a reputation for professionalism and excellence.
Our company offers interior and exterior aircraft solution specialising in; repairing, painting refurbishing, as well as creating new interior and exterior paint schemes for both VIP and Commercial aircraft.
RAS creates successful and impressive products through our exacting attention to detail, an empathetic understanding of our clients’ ambitions, and a precise awareness of timescale and budget. We work with a large range of clients including both large global airlines and private aircraft owners. No matter the size of your project, RAS has the experience and expertise to satisfy your needs.
“FANTASTIC SERVICE AND EXPERTISE – RAS OUR TRUSTED PARTNERS FOR ALL OUR VIP REFURBISHMENTS. WITH FANTASTIC EXPERTISE HIGH EYE FOR DETAIL WE WOULD NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE”